My day started at 2am. Akemi woke up for her usual feeding, but then she woke up again at 4am, 5:45am, and then finally at 6:30am. She kept waking up since her nose was stuffy and she had a hard time breathing.
At 4am, I was in the bathroom, cleaning Akemi's humidifier since it stopped working in the middle of the night. I barely slept much last night and somehow managed to get ready for work at 6am, packed her bottles, and walked Dior.
Akemi's nose was pretty bad this morning. I was trying to clean it with the nasal aspirator for like 15 mins. Ishani, the daycare lady, told me that Akemi cried most of the morning since she couldn't breathe. Ishani held her the entire day, which I guess is a good thing.
I'm hoping Akemi is getting better. The nurse told me to continue to use the saline drops and nasal aspirator to clean out her nose. I'm just glad that she doesn't have a fever and hope that her cold will go away soon.
After cleaning her nose, I made it to daycare at 7:30am. I was the first one there and waited for it to open. I made it to work by 8am. Thankfully it's the start of summer and traffic seems a bit lighter.
My department doesn't seem to believe in easing me back into work. I already have a 8am meeting tomorrow. 'sigh'. It was a bit hard to schedule 3 different times to pump. I already had to ask for a few of my meetings to be rescheduled to accommodate for it.
Anyways, I'm surprised I survived today with little sleep. I must say, I have much more appreciation to the working moms. Especially those that are nursing. Pumping 3 times a day and lugging all the pump equipment to work is not fun.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Congratulations on surviving your first day back at work with very little sleep. You sound like you did so awesome. I was thinking about you all day today.
Great work! Glad to hear you survived! I bet the days will get easier and easier.
Congrats on getting to work and getting it all done all by yourself! You are Supermommy!! My heart goes out to you.. Don't worry, it'll get easier as time goes on, not necessarily more enjoyable or convenient, but smoother as you get your routine down. You're half way to the weekend! Saturday will be a much deserved rest for you, keep your eye on that light at the end of the tunnel. You're doing great!!
I'm glad to read that you survived your first day. Congrats for making it through. I've been curious all week long. I'm glad you posted an update. It will get easier as time goes on. And just think, you're doing it on your own right now. Good job! Ganbatte!
Congrats on getting back to work. My friend did it and she told me it was so hard, not the work, but just being away from her baby.
Post a Comment