



Every few years, my company treats all of the Southern California employees to a day at Disneyland and California Adventure. There must of been hundreds of CG people. It was really weird to see alot of people wearing 'Capital Group' hats at both amusement parks.
Even though we knew Akemi was a bit too young to really enjoy Disneyland, I think she still had fun. During the entire trip, my goal was to take a picture with one of the characters. We went to Toontown in Disneyland and stood in this long line to take a picture with Mickey at his house. The line was so long and we couldn't tell if it was ever going to end, so at least minute we bailed out. I was so sad because we were only 10 mins away from getting a picture with him. We almost got a picture with Minnie, but Minnie's escort said she had to leave in like 2 mins.
In the end, we decided to optimized our free ticket and headed over to California Adventure. I had a completely different expectation of California Adventure. I didn't realize that it was more kid friendly than Disneyland.
We took Akemi to a show where there are all these puppets and actors dancing around. I didn't think Akemi would understand, but to my amazement, when one of the actors said 'Now everyone clap your hands', Akemi started to slap her hand on her leg. She was dancing up and down with the music. Watching Akemi laughing and dancing with other kids, only reinforced our decision to move her out of the current daycare into Kids Klub.
Luckily after the show, we ran into Mikey and his friends. Akemi kept staring at them. It looked as though she couldn't figure out what they were.
The last goal on my mental list was to see a parade. We hung out on the sidelines to watch the Pixar Parade. It was good thing Akemi had her soft pink jacket on. She got sprayed so many times with water. =)



Overall, we had a great day at Disneyland and California Adventure.


3 comments:
We had the same Bear jacket!! :) Sounds like you had a great time!
Great pics of Akemi! Looks like you had a fun day at Disneyland. I'm jealous.
Hey, I think my friend went to Disneyland the same day as you. She used to work for Capital Group and so her old co-workers invited her to go along too!
Post a Comment