Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21, 2008

Friends

It's always good to see old friends from college. Ai, Mike, and their cute little daughter, Hannah, flew out from Nor Cal to hang out with us for the weekend. Although I haven't seen Ai in like 3 years, it always feel like we were just on campus, hanging out. I can't believe it's been so long since we left. =D

It was great to catch up and hang out with another married couple with a baby. On Saturday, we went to Korean bbq and left Akemi with grandpa. It was interesting to watch from an outsider's perspective...as Mike hurried to eat his lunch, while balancing Hannah on his leg and at the same time, using his right arm to shield her from the hot plates. I kept wondering is that what we look like? Finally I offered to take Hannah, since I'm sure Ai and Mike rarely get to eat together at the same time.


The Korean bbq restaurant had a large fish tank. It was so cute watching Hannah stare at the little silver fishes as it swam across from one side of the tank to another. As I watched Hannah, I kept thinking to myself that I should take Akemi to the Long Beach aquarium one weekend.


On Sunday, Jonathan and I tried to play host and took the James family to Santa Monica. It's been like 4 years or more since we've been out there. The pier was packed with families but it was still fun to walk around and enjoy the scenery. Akemi had a chance to see the ocean for the first time. =)
Anyways, hanging out with old friends made me realize how much I miss my friends. I really wish my close friends live closer!!! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to visit you. We had such a great time. It was so cute to watch the two girls as if they were 'talking' to one another and just smiling at each other. We had so much fun. You guys were an amazing hosts! Thank you for everything and for such a fantastic weekend! We can't wait to see you all soon again! xoxoxox
PS Happy 'cooking' (or is it pureeing?) :)