Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nanny update

Some of my blog readers have been asking how my nanny search been going. Unfortunately, the two ladies we interviewed decided that they preferred an office job over being a nanny. One of the ladies was Japanese and can speak English and Japanese fluently. We had her over for a trial day and I was totally in love with her. She read Japanese books to Akemi, sang to her, and totally took care of her. But I knew she was over educated and qualified for the job, so after a few weeks, she came back to us and said she preferred and office job in Little Tokyo. Oh wellz....

Anyways, Jonathan will be in Vegas for a week for a conference. I will be in Irvine for a two day conference during that week. Akemi will be staying over grandpa's house for the first time. I hope I'll be ok being away from her. I'm not looking forward to two full days of pumping. I'm glad that I called the hotel in advance and request a refrigerator in the room. At least I'm staying at a nice hotel, Fairmont --Newport Beach.

Okidoki, off to wash dishes! joy!

1 comment:

Willis said...

Sorry to hear about the nanny situation. If you're free this weekend or the next, we should get together. I think we're pretty free in the beginning of August and I know Debbie still wants to go to Huntington Library... Austin doesn't look like an ostrich but he sometimes does the downward facing dog...