Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Akemi's 1st ouch report

Akemi received her 1st "ouch" report from daycare today. Apparently my little girl loves to climb on things. She climbed on a plastic chair and slipped off and hit her forehead on the table. 'Ouch'. She has a small little bump and bruise but not too bad.

I was amazed at the extent the daycare will go to make sure I was well informed. They called, left a message to call back. They wrote a report and even had me meet with the daycare director who apologized profusely. I guess I'm not like other parents because the daycare director was amazed at how calm I was. She asked if I was a nurse because I seemed to be fine with the entire incident. I shared that accidents will happen and I know she's in good care.

On the sleeping topic, Akemi woke up at 12:30am (on the dot) again last night. I let her cry for 10 mins, but then I heard her start gagging so I ran to her room to make sure she's ok. Another half an hour goes by of 'patting her back' ,picking her up and down in her crib , finally I resorted to having her sleep with me. She slept all the way till 6:30am!

Does the Ferber method really work for others? I can't bear to hear her cry pass 5 mins. =)

1 comment:

Baby Talks said...

I know it's hard to bear your little one being so upset. I'm sure she is starting to figure out how to get what she wants and it sounds like she wants to be picked up and cuddled. Just try to stay consistent with whatever you try. Were you able to get her to fall back asleep without milk last night? That's a start! :) You're doing a great job, one thing at a time and keep trying.