Ok, I'm desperate for any advice. Akemi has been going to be at 8:30-9pm and has been waking up at 12:30am and 4:30am to nurse. Is that normal? I'm trying to wean her off the 12:30am feeding and been trying to rock her back to sleep. Instead she'll scream hysterically and I would finally give in and nurse her. Ironically around the 4 or 5th month, she was sleeping through the night (8:30pm till 5am). I can't remember when that started to change. Maybe because she's teething? She has 6 front teeth. Crazy huh? It started off with just two on the bottom, then two on top, and now two more are creeping out from the top.
Whatever it is, I need sleep. Last night she woke up at 12:30, 2:30, 4:30, 6:30am. I'm amazed that I was able to make into work today.
One night, we tried the Ferber method and I let her cry for only 5 mins. As I was counting down to the fifth minute, she threw up all over the her crib sheet. Instead, I found myself crying since I felt so bad for my baby girl. We're no longer trying out the Ferber method.
The next method we tried is giving her water at the 12:30am time. One of the books, that we frantically read at Borders, said that we should give her 4 oz of water and each night decrease the amount. I'll let you know how that goes....
Other news, Akemi is refusing baby food. Ms. Carla shared that Akemi just spits out the baby food and refuse to eat it. I'm trying to figure out what to feed her instead. Today I packed her a japanese bento box with some salmon flakes and rice. I think I'll try making some beef stew and give her some for daycare. =) Or, I can just pay the $65/month meal program at the daycare. It just seems so much for only lunch. Since Akemi is in the infant program, breakfast and 2 snacks are already included. The meal program is great if the baby is on formula since that is covered by the program.
Anyways, I'll let ya know how my nite and feeding goes!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Ouch, that's rough. My sympathies.
Jonalyn & I let Devin cry it out when he was 4 months old. The first night, he cried for 2 hours. The second, 15 minutes. Third, 5 minutes. Ever since, he's been sleeping 11 hours straight (get nighttime extra-absorbent diapers!)
Obviously, every child is different. Devin is extra-big, so a larger stomach could help him sleep longer. We realize we've been very lucky with his sleep schedule.
Post a Comment