Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Being M.I.A

So I've been M.I.A for a while, not because I want to. It's been crazy here at the home and work. As Nov. approached, Akemi started to catch a cold, then finally caught the worse stomach flu that wiped her out of daycare for the entire week of Thanksgiving. I never changed so many bedsheets in my entire life.

On the first day, we kept giving Akemi more fluids after she threw up which was a big No No. After talking to the nurse, we were suppose to wait for an hour before giving her any liquids. =0
Oops.

By day 5, she started to feel better, but then I caught it and was out the entire day. Jonathan had to take care of TWO babies. As I'm sleeping I could hear Jonathan running frantically from one room to the next, mumbling 'Oh no, you poop all over yourself', then I would hear the shower in the bathroom running and hear him fumbling to get Akemi's clothes off. By the time I woke up the next day, I could see the trail of all the clothes on the floor from the bathroom to the bedroom. I smile as I imagine what all took place as I was sleeping.

By day 6, it was the day before Thanksgiving and I finally showed up to work. By the time Thanksgiving rolled around, I didn't know what day it was and somehow manage to go through the thanksgiving holiday catching up on my sleep.

So all of November has been a blur, aside from the nice visit from my brother and his family, I can't believe it's DEC!!!

3 comments:

Aoyama Family said...

I'm glad to read that you all are doing better. Tesshin had Roseola during the week of Thanksgiving. That wasn't fun so I feel your pain. Let's definitely try to get together soon. I know someone's birthday is coming up :o)

Baby Talks said...

Sorry to hear you had such a rough November. :( I hope you're all doing much better now that it's December and the weather is cooling a bit. Take care and stay warm!

Julie said...

Nice to see you on your blog again. :) Glad you're feeling better, too.