So I had great plans last week. I planned to take Friday off to do all of my christmas shopping...including finding a gift for Jonathan. However, I learned that things don't neccessarily go according to plan.
Akemi caught a really bad cold and had a fever Wednesday night. Jonathan took Thursday morning off, while I headed to work and planned to trade places with him in the afternoon. Instead, I found myself sleeping the entire afternoon. As usual, I caught her virus.
Both Akemi and I were miserable on Friday and we just hung out in our Pjs on the couch. I should of taken her to the doctor but I thought she would get better. I was monitoring her fever and been giving her tylenol. At 3am, I was standing in the bath tub with the hot shower running, both Akemi & I were trying to breath in the steam. I was thinking to myself at that moment, 'Wow, this is parenthood.'
By Saturday morning, my nose was congested and I lost my voice. Jonathan suggested that we take Akemi into the doctor. The doctor gave us some antibiotics for her ear infection,which could of been the cause her throwing up. The doctor shared that if Akemi couldn't keep her fluids down, we would need to take her to the ER for some IV.
On Sunday morning , Akemi was very lethargic and she only had 1 wet diaper in 12 hours. I was getting worried so I woke Jonathan up and we headed over to the ER. The ER nurse gave Akemi some tylenol to lower her fever and in a few hours she perked up. We were in the ER for 5 hours. They ran a few blood test and found that some abnormalities. They were a little bit concern so they gave her a shot of antibiotics.
By the end of Sunday, both Jonathan and I wanted to just sleep. Finally Monday, we made appointments with our general doctor and got some antibiotics.
So, with everything that has happened, what have I learned?
Always take care of myself first. Because if I get sick, it seems as though we're in big trouble.
Akemi will not be allowed to anyone that is recovering from a cold. Jonathan's family friend had a tiny cold last Saturday and I have feeling that she may have caught it from her... =P
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh noo.. i'm so sorry to hear about the scary ordeal. I hope you and Akemi are both feeling a lot better now. I'm glad to hear your mom is able to come take care of you. Stay warm and get well! Have a great Christmas. :) (btw, put a humidifier or vaporizer on your wishlist. :) they're very helpful in those stuffy nose situations)
Glad you're feeling better! Aaron and I both fought colds this week. Totally sucky.
What a week! You should've called me. I was sick too but I could've sent Tessho over there with some Tonjiru or Okayu (with Umeboshi). I'm glad to hear that you're both doing better. You should never forget to take care of yourself. What good are you to Akemi if you're not well? Anyway, enough lecturing...Merry Christmas! Believe it or not, it's here! Hope to see you soon! Take care!
Post a Comment