I was holding back tears when I dropped Akemi off at daycare. She showed me her pouty lip when I took her out of the carseat and handed her to the daycare assistant. The assistant immediately placed her in the pack-n-play and I started to get sad as I wonder whether she'll just be laying there all day, staring at the ceiling with no one to play with her. I asked them later if they will give her tummy time but she only said about 5-6 mins. The rest of the time, Akemi will be in her crib or bouncer chair. I keep telling myself she's in good hands. At least she'll hear the rest of the kids sing songs and watch them learn their ABCs and numbers. 'sigh'
Around 3 pm, I went to pick up Akemi to only find her laying on the floor screaming as the daycare assistant watched closed by. I kept wondering, 'Do they not see this? Do they not hear her?'. I didn't know what to say. I just walked in and grabbed my little girl and held her tight. I felt like crying but I held back. I held her tight and secretly in my heart, I kept apologizing to her that I left her there. I didn't know what to say to the lady. I just wanted to get out of there and go home.
The daycare lady told me that we should hold out on breastfeeding Akemi till the next day. When I got home, she took 1 ounce from me and took another 2 ounces at 8pm. Hopefully she'll start to learn how to feed from the bottle again.
Tomorrow is a new day. We'll see how Akemi does. Jonathan plans to come with me and talk to the daycare lady.
Around 3 pm, I went to pick up Akemi to only find her laying on the floor screaming as the daycare assistant watched closed by. I kept wondering, 'Do they not see this? Do they not hear her?'. I didn't know what to say. I just walked in and grabbed my little girl and held her tight. I felt like crying but I held back. I held her tight and secretly in my heart, I kept apologizing to her that I left her there. I didn't know what to say to the lady. I just wanted to get out of there and go home.
The daycare lady told me that we should hold out on breastfeeding Akemi till the next day. When I got home, she took 1 ounce from me and took another 2 ounces at 8pm. Hopefully she'll start to learn how to feed from the bottle again.
Tomorrow is a new day. We'll see how Akemi does. Jonathan plans to come with me and talk to the daycare lady.


1 comment:
I'm so sorry her first day didn't go so well. It breaks my heart reading about it. Do you want me to go over there and kick her butt?
Post a Comment