I worked deligently on a monthly budget for the Fu household and had it all typed and organized in excel. Jonathan and I tired hard to not eat out and cook at home, but then a series of events started to happen.
1. Water heater blew at 5am = $1000 to fix
2. All FOUR of my tires are worn = $600 to replace
3. Bathroom sink cracked = TBD
4. My phone died = $100
So after weeks of eating at home, in a series of event, all the money we saved went out the door. I was so excited to get the economic surplus money to only see it placed into my tires. At least, I spent it for a worthy cause, but I sooo wanted to go on a 'guilt free' shopping spree.
So in the midst of me, dwelling in the pool of paper receipts, I realize saving money is like dieting. You have to be discipline and do it every day at every meal. It takes only 1 huge event (like eating an all you can eat buffet), where it can go out the door.
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a great analogy. You're exactly right! I don't know how many times our monthly budgets have been blown due to unforseen expenses. Thank you to Tesshin for being born in 2007 (not to rub it in). Hello stimulus check - let's see what we really use it for.
Post a Comment