Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Daycare and Bottle feeding update

After 2 full days of only giving her the bottle, Akemi is finally taking the bottle. It has been pretty hard pumping for two days straight. I miss bonding with Akemi when I use to nurse her. The daycare lady strongly recommends that I continue to give her the bottle but when I spoke with the lacatation consultant, she tells me otherwise.

The lacatation consultant feels that Akemi is still adjusting to being cared for by another person and may be hesitant on taking the bottle. The consultant also recommends the 'opposing view of the daycare lady' and suggests that I continue to nurse her when I'm home with her to prevent my milk supply to go down.

Jonathan thinks I should nurse her tonight and see how Akemi does with the bottle tomorrow.

The Breastfeeding Group at Huntington Hospital is great. The lacatation consultant was completely understanding and sympathetic. She gaved alot of insight and most of all she has given me confidence.

I'm suprised at how fast the day goes when Akemi is in daycare. I've been running around doing errands, cleaning the house, laundry, and I finally set up a 529 plan (College fund). I submitted the paperwork today and started a monthly automatic contribution to her college fund. I need to recalculate our monthly budget to see how much we can put away for our retirement also.

Next, I just got to research Life insurance and create a will. Then I should be done with some of the preliminary paperworks for Akemi.

Other random news, my highschool is featured in Sports Illustrated this month. Here is the link to the article : http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/highschool/05/20/punahou0526/index.html

Maybe one of these days, our little girl can go there. 'wishful thinking'. I love going to school there.

2 comments:

Aoyama Family said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going better. I never got to breastfeed but stopping cold turkey doesn't seem right. Always go with your instincts. That's one of the most powerful tools you have. Keep us posted. You're doing a great job!

Willis said...

Good luck with maintaining the bottle and the nursing. It sounds like it has been rough. Don't forget that in parenting, there are rarely wrong choices (unless you're Britney). Anyway, woot woot for Punahou. Great article find.