So recently Akemi stopped accepting the bottle. It has been really frustrating because we spent so many weeks early on getting her to take the bottle. It was our fault I guess for not being consistent. It was also really baffling because we got her to take it a week ago--but then she stopped cold turkey again. Akemi is definitely one stubborn girl (must get it from her mom).
On top of that, we started taking her to daycare. I know its been harder on Karen than me since she has been the one staying home with Akemi for the last few months. So now the idea of letting someone else take care of our little girl was causing some mixed emotions. For me I felt some relief because Karen would have some free time. But also that meant that we were trusting someone else to give her the love and attention that Karen would normally give her during the day.
Karen told me today that when she dropped off Akemi, they put her straight into the pack and play. Then we Karen went to pick her, the caretaker had put Akemi on her stomach for tummy time, but she was just lying there crying her head off! I was furious when I heard this. Is that what we're paying you for? To let our girl just lie there and cry??
So needless to say, its been a rough week. I had a throat infection last week which kept me home. It was nice actually to be home with the family--but I couldn't really do much with Akemi because my infection was contagious. So I had to wear a mask whenever I held her or tried to feed her.
Tonight we are going to try to hold out and make Akemi take the bottle all night. It's really hard because Akemi is stubborn. She just holds out, but it's sad because she cries and we know she's hungry because she keeps sucking on her hand or anything that goes near her mouth. She cries so hard that she puts herself to sleep. For me it's maddening and frustrating, but it also makes my heart drop when I see my baby suffering. Karen says its tough love, getting her to take the bottle. I know she is right. We just have to patient.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment