Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Akemi is 10 lbs!!!

We just got back from Akemi's 6 week appointment and found out that she weighs 10 pounds! She gained 3 lbs since she was born. The doctor was suprised that she's gaining a good amount of weight and told us she's in the 75 percentile. I was happy to hear that she's gaining weight because I was concern that she spit up and threw up once in a while that she wasn't keeping the milk down.

Akemi had 3 shots today. She wasn't a happy camper getting them. We have to massage her thighs where she got her shots so they don't knot up. Hopefuly she won't get a fever from one of the shots. I'll have to keep a close eye on her to make sure she's ok.

Last Friday, Akemi and I went to visit my coworkers at the office. She was a good little girl and rarely cried. The visit really wiped both of us out. I found out the hard way that long visits causes her to be fussy at night. On Saturday night, we went over to Jonathan's aunt's house for a birthday gathering and we really paid for it that night. We're learning that it's really important for us to keep to a routine and have her asleep by 8pm-ish.

Today, Olivia is coming in to watch Akemi for 3 hours. My goal is to get the following things done in those 3 hours:
  1. Go to Target
  2. Get Akemi's Birth Certificate the the record office
  3. Wash Dior -- he's awfully dusty. He's starting to look like Pigpen from the Peanut's gang. =D

Wish me luck!

No comments: