Daycare services vary so much! The lady we plan to go to cost about $810 a month. There are other places that cost up to $1400 a month. That's almost half of our mortgage. Isn't that crazy?
Here are my backup plans for the month that we have no daycare:
Plan A: Jonathan to work flexible hours from home and Olivia to come in part time for the month. She charges $8/hr so that's $64/day, $320/week, $1280/month . It's going to add up but at least she'll be coming to me. Hopefully she's available. I just saw her today and she said she'll have to check her calendar.
Plan B: Ask Jonathan's parents to watch Akemi for the month. They just recently hired a live-in help. I have some hestitations since this is their 3rd or 4th help that has rotated within the last month. The other hestiation is that she doesn't speak any English. I'm concern that if there is an emergency she wouldn't be able to call for help. The other concern is the conflict of interest. Since his parents are paying her, she may not neccessarily take my requests. Hopefully Plan A will work out.
In the meantime, I'm going to call around at different daycare.
Other news: Jonathan's brother, Lawrence, is finally coming home from Iraq on Friday. We were planning to drive up to 29 Palms to see him arrive from the buses. We're still debating on whether we'll drive up to see him since Akemi threw up again today. I'm taking her to the doctor's tomorrow to get her checked out. She's been throwing up off and on and it's starting to be more consistent. Thankfully she doesn't really notice that she's throwing up since afterwards she's happy.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Good luck with the whole day care thing. Does your area have the county agency that sends you a list of licensed day cares? Our county sends you a list and you can specify for the list of family day cares in the area. It's not a recommendation but just a referral list. I was so shocked about the prices too. It's insane!!
Good luck. I know it will all work out for you guys. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!
Post a Comment