Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

Guilt

People are already laying on the guilt that I'm going to work in a few months. It's hard enough as it is to know that time is ticking and I'll be back to the corporate society. Commentaries such as 'It's so sad. You won't see Akemi grow. She will change each day' or 'Won't you be sad that you're leaving her? You might miss her milestones'.

'sigh'. Yes it will be hard to leave her at daycare and at times, I do contemplate on whether to go back, but then reality sinks in. We have a mortgage to pay for and to be honest, my company is a great place to work. For the first time, I truly enjoy the people that's there, the overall environment, the benefits are great, and the employees love working there. Another reason for going back, if you haven't notice, is that my brain is becoming mush. I need to stop watching tv and start reading (e.g. my People magazine...just kidding... Business and Newsweek.) Another reason, it's kinda lonely being home. Akemi sleeps most of the day and I do go out by taking her on walks.

This week's agenda is 'Power walking' through the neighborhood. Yes, I'm finally going to be one of those crazy ladies in spandex, powering walking with a white poodle and a stroller. Tomorrow, Akemi and I are going to meet up with my old colleague at the Rose Bowl for a 3 mile walk. =D
So... those of you who ask, please don't. Cause no matter what excuses I say about why I'm going back to work, it'll be hard nevertheless.

How can I step away from this adorable face for 8 hours?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you on that one. It isn't easy but really, we all have to do what we got to do right? Don't let ANYONE give you guilt trips. Bills don't care about how we feel.... >:{ it just wants to be paid.
Love ya!

Baby Talks said...

If going back to work is the choice you've made (as it is for myself as well as many more) you don't have to make excuses about it to anyone or feel guilty. It can be hard, but I feel that Austin being at a daycare that we trust is allowing him to have so many learning experiences that I wouldn't be able to provide if he was home with me all day everyday. Be strong and just cherish this time with her and continue to shower her with all your love and affection. Btw, I just started reading this book "The Milk Memos." It was recommended by the other lady who uses the Mother's room in my building. She said she recommends it to ALL working mothers who pump. Check it out. :) Akemi is soo cuute! I can't wait to see her again..

Aoyama Family said...

She is SO cute!!!! That last picture is great! We have to get together soon.

If anyone else gives you crap about going back to work, you say to them "So, if I stay home like you want me to, I'll go ahead and forward you my bills, ok?" That should kill it.

Willis said...

I also love that last picture. Don't worry about going back to work. It's the only thing that'll keep you sane in the long run... :) Hope to see ya soon!