'Sigh' I just found out from my daycare that they can't take Akemi in till June 30th. I have to find a nanny for an entire month since I'll be going back to work on June 3rd. I'm a little annoyed at the daycare lady since the date keeps extending. First she said maybe early June, now it's end of June. I held her to June 30th date. I may have to start looking at other daycare to see if they can take Akemi instead. So much for planning. I researched a year in advance and I'm still in a predicament. Guess you can't plan for everything.
I also thought the daycare will let me bring my frozen breastmilk but instead they want me to provide the bottles and have the breastmilk already in there. I think defrosted breastmilk can be good in the refrig for the day. I'll have to look that up to confirm.
Akemi was really good last night. She slept for four hours each time and I only had to nurse her twice. Friday night was pretty bad. We're not too sure if she was cranky because I took her out to visit Jonathan's mom at work or if she just wasn't recovered. She was throwing up once a day last week and I called the nurse but she just told me to see how things go. Thankfully she stopped throwing up since Saturday. But Friday, she threw up 3 times in the afternoon. This was the first time I was in near tears of a breakdown. I frantically called Jonathan like 4 times but he wasn't in. Akemi was screaming and throwing up and I was just covered in her vomit. On top of that she cried for 2 and 1/2 hours that night and wouldn't stop. I wasn't a happy camper that night. Hopefully tonight will be better.
Also, does anyone know why we can't give water to our baby? My mom and in-laws keep suggesting to give water to Akemi and I keep telling them that the doctor says that we shouldn't. I got so annoyed with my mom bugging me that I told her she can call the pediatrician and ask why. =D
Anyways, I'm off to 'attempt' to make dinner. Akemi is taking a nap and hopefully she'll sleep through it. =D
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hang in there, things will get better! Our Devin turned the corner at about 4 months and has been MUCH easier since then.
The no water thing is because it'll take the place of milk, and then the baby won't be getting enough nutrients.
Vince & Jonalyn
So your daycare thing is bunch of crap!!! I remember you said you had put down a deposit early and everything. Get your deposit back if they can't even follow through on their end! That is just so unprofessional!!!! AND definitely find someone else. You probably wouldn't want to find a nanny (or another care) for Akemi-chan for a month than go to the day care....she will just start getting used to the first care that you don't want to change to someone new. That is crap!! I was so angry for you!!!!
Ditto on your friend Vince's comment about water. Water will make them full without any nutrients.
P.S. You will find someone who will take your frozen milk. You got time to find someone great that you will be okay leaving your baby with. Take your time! I didn't have anyone remotely lined up until about a month before I went back to work!
Post a Comment