Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lightening Stage

I'm trying to figure out if I'm in the 'lightening' stage, where the baby is dropping lower. It definitely doesn't feel 'lightening' but more of a pressure and 'stretching' on my bottom abdomen. I feel as though I did too many crunches or that I went horseback riding for days. It's a very unique feeling to say the least. Any case, I think my body is preparing for labor. I just hope it's a gradual preparation rather that the full speed it's been on since the last 2 days. To say the least, I'm already leaking fluids from my chest!!! It's so weird! I don't even notice till I changed clothes. I had to go buy the nursing pad so that I don't have to keep washing my bras!

Since it seems that labor can be any day or in a week or so, Jonathan and I headed to buy some additional items at the baby store. (e.g. bassinet pad, more receiving blanket, changing pad, changing pad cover, etc) We spent almost $230 at the store. Thank goodness for all the gift cards! We only paid like $20.

We also went and stocked up on fruits and vegetables for the week. Jonathan has been adamant about eating healthy since I've been catching the cold often. To his defense, in my earlier post, he's been taking really good care of me this weekend. I'm really thankful that he's walking Dior every time, since it's been getting a bit hard walking up and down the stairs.

I was crazy to think I could work till the day of my labor. I barely could walk around. Tomorrow will be interesting since I"ll be going back to work for my last week. Wish me luck everyone!

1 comment:

Baby Talks said...

Don't hesitate to cut that last week of work short if you need to.. :) Good luck! I can't wait to meet Baby Fu!