Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Still in my Pjs at 6:30pm

So it's 6:30 pm and I'm still in my PJs. The lack of sleep finally caught up with me and I caught a really bad cold. This is my 3rd cold during my pregnancy and it's been tough not taking any medicine even though it's ok. I slept for 16 hours to only wake up weary eyed around 1pm to my dog wimpering to be let out.

Usually I wouldn't call in sick and tough it out at work. I have so many emails to read and things to do...but slowly I'm realizing that it's always going to be that way..and being so close to my due date, it would be aweful to go into labor with a cold. I can't imagine how I would breathe and push all at the same time.

I'm slowly realizing how tough it is to be a woman. Especially a pregnant woman. This thought triggered even more today, as my husband was leaving to the airport this morning and made a comment that I should take the 2 weeks of work off before my due date so I can be home to have dinner ready for him when he's back at work. Now, don't get me wrong, Jonathan is a great husband and he does his share of household duties....but I don't think he realize the impact that comment made on me today...especially the timing of it.

He could of said, so that you could relax and transition slowly to being a mom since bringing the baby home would be hectic.... but all I heard was so I can have dinner ready for him.

It baffles me that men sometimes don't realize the 'front' that us pregnant women put in front of the world. Do they realize how hard it is to be pregnant but 'pretend' to some extent that we're really ok?

I wake up at least 3-4 times a night, due to either needing to go to the bathroom, changing position, or realizing how dehyrdated I am. Do I ever wake my husband up to get me water? Only once. And through watching my belly grow into the size of the basketball, I still get up every morning, drive to work, and put in my 9 hours a day. So have life changes since I've been pregnant? No, but perhaps I should of let it.... let the dish pile high, the laundry unwashed, the trash stinking up the kitchen.... and not say a thing...

'sigh', perhaps its the lack of sleep or the 'I think I can do it all' attitude that's making me tired...
I just need some help... that is voluntary, unasked, untold, and without a 'huff' along with it. =)

2 comments:

Aoyama Family said...

Ganbatte Karen! You're so close! You've done a great job so far! I have faith that Jonathan will pamper you once the baby is here. otherwise....get a bell...a really loud bell.

Anonymous said...

Just for clarification--I said it as a joke. I know how hard it is for Karen to be carrying the extra load around and lack of sleep.