Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Akemi is a little oinker

Akemi has been a little oinker...very fitting considering she's born in the year of the 'Golden Pig'. She's been feeding almost every hour! I couldn't figure out why till I started pumping the other side and realize that I'm only producing less than an 1oz of milk. No wonder she's hungry.

It's really odd since only 1 week ago, I was producing like 5 oz of milk on each side. I have the freezer filled with milk. My mom keeps telling me I should taste it but I'm like...'er...I'll pass'.

The nights have been rough lately since she's been hungry. I've been surprising myself lately since my patience have been growing. Jonathan would 'sigh' whenever Akemi starts to cry and I'm sooo tempted to ream him for his little sigh, but instead I would comment that it doesn't help me. Lately he has been better about making less noise too. =)

Jonathan keeps asking me how I'm so patient with her but for me it's really easy. I carried her for 9 months in my belly, watched carefully what I ate (those chocolate cravings were really hard not to surcome to), and beared through all the pregnancy issues. So when she starts crying, I only want to keep continuing to take care of my precious gift. That's why it's so tempting when Jonathan just drops her on my lap to scream, 'Do you know what it took to make sure she came out healthy? No wine, sushi, or soft cheese for 9 months!!!' I think I'll tell him that today. =)

Anyways, Akemi is 3 weeks old. I'm usually not the type to keep track but she's getting chubbier. She's looking more like a baby now. I'll post a picture up once I get a free hand. It's very hard to type with one hand. =)

No comments: