Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Yasuko's Lingerie

The other day my mom and I went to Yasuko's, a lingerie store, that was recommended by the hospital to buy a nursing bra. We decided to go since it's the only store that was listed in Pasadena. When we got there, we were a bit apprehensive about going in since we had to ring a little buzzer to be entered in and then when we got inside, the store was filled with boxes from floor to the ceiling. The store had bras hanging at any available space to only be cluttered with random paper on the floor. We were just stunned that the store was still in business. It looked like a random storage place of bras.

Then appears a little old Japanese lady with tiny spectacles at the back of the store. We stood there for a good 15 minutes, wondering how we go about looking for a nursing bra. After a while, we decided to leave and said thank you. But the lady was like 'Wait, wait, I'll help you now'. She measured me and handed me a diaper wipe to wipe my hands. I was taken back that she handed me a wipe because her store was more of a mess, than my hands to have dirt on it to handle her bras. In the end, we made an excuse that I have to go home to feed the baby and my time was limited so we left. It definitely was a weird experience. I'm still on the hunt to find a good nursing bra.

On another note, Akemi and I went to our first Breastfeeding group session. Basically all the moms and their infants gather once week to discuss any questions or topics they may have about breastfeeding. Akemi was the youngest baby there at 9 days. It helped that I went because Akemi has been coughing when she's been feeding and been spitting up alot of milk. Jonathan and I had to change our bedsheets several times because of her spit ups. We got smarter and started laying out towels beneath her head when we're swaddling her. We were pretty worried that she was spitting up everything she dranked and was planning to call the doctor but decided to hold off till I went to this session.

It seems as though it's normal for babies to spit up a lot. We're now burping her more and letting her sit up longer after a feeding session before we wrap her. That's been helping. She's still coughing when she nurses. I think that's cause she's nursing too fast so I've been pumping to ease it a bit. I already have 2 bags full of milk in the freezer. It's crazy how much milk I have.

Anyways, going out today wiped both Akemi and I. We zonked out for a nice nap in the afternoon and plan to head over to Jonathan's dad's house for Chinese New Year celebration.

No comments: