Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 1, 2008

Our little bundle of Joy

We have been counting down the days of when our baby girl will arrive. After my last post of losing my mucuos plug, Jonathan had been on the edge, wondering when the labor will start. I kept trying to tell him it could take time like weeks so he doesn't get his hopes up... he kept asking, 'Do you think it'll be tomorrow?'.

So it was a suprised when the day after, in the middle of the night, I started to feel strong cramps, then the contractions hit. Wow did I feel them. It's this unbelievable tightening in the lower part of your abs. I understand why it's hard to describe... it just is, but you know when it's happening. The contractions is by far the most difficult part of labor. We tried all the lamaze methods, but no matter how hard I tried to not focus on the pain, you just can't help it.


I was determined to stay at home during the 1st part of labor, which is all the contractions. It was tough feeling them every 5 mins for an hour. I did not want to go to the hospital to only be sent home.


By the time we got to the hospital, I was delerious from the pain. I looked at every nurse and doctor and wanted to scream for medication. But I kept my cool and glad I did because I had to wait for another 2 hours before I could get the epideral.

The whole labor experience made me love Jonathan even more. He was such a supportive coach and really was concern for my well being during the entire process. I couldn't believe he watched me push and even cut the cord!

Akemi came out after 30 mins of pushing and she just plopped out! That was the weirdest feeling ever! My doctor commented that my labor was pretty fast for being a 1st time mom. =)

Anyways, it seems like weeks ago, when I was in the hospital and I'm already cherishing every moment with Akemi and telling her that she can't grow up too fast.

No comments: