Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Akemi's 1 week Birthday


Akemi is officially 1 week old today! We're amazed at how quickly the week flew by. We're trying to cherish every second with our baby girl. =)
Life as a new mom has been interesting to say the least.
1st : Anyone that said breastfed diapers do not stink was lying. It stinks like a rotten egg and I can smell it a mile away.
2nd: Breastfeeding is hard because of the schedule. Every 2-3 hours the baby needs to be fed. No one told me that it takes 1 hour to change the diaper, nurse, burp, nurse, and swaddle. By the time I finish doing all of that, I only have 1-2 hour of a free moment and that's only if Akemi goes straight to sleep. =)
3rd: I use to be modest when it came to undressing or showing any part of my body, but after giving birth, I find myself being able to breastfeed in front of my in-laws. Something I NEVER thought I do!


4th: Watching Jonathan interact with Akemi amazes me. He truly loves her and laughs even as he's changing her diaper. He constantly wants to hold and kiss her. Watching him, makes me love him even more and I'm sooo happy to see that he is a great father.
Dior is also doing well. He's trying to figure Akemi out. He's not quite sure what she is yet. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! One week as new parents and you guys are doing great! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more on your #4!! Isn't it amazing how "modesty" flies out of the window? I'm totally with ya on that one!!!! AND how you're okay wearing shirts with spit up all over it. So lovely isn't it?? :) :)

Anonymous said...

Haha. I meant #3!!!