Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 15, 2008

How do working moms do it?

As I was up late feeding Akemi, I was trying to figure out how working moms get ready for work with a infant. I figured I'll have to get up around 5am, feed, and change Akemi's diaper. Get myself ready and then dress Akemi before I leave so I won't have to change her twice from any spit up after the feeding. I probably would have to pack her daycare stuff the night before.

The other thing I was trying to figure out is how many bottles of breastmilk would I need to pack in her daycare bag. Would the daycare accept frozen milk? These are things I'll need to ask my daycare in April. We're planning to send Akemi to a family daycare in Pasadena that our neighbor recommended. It's costing us around $800 a month to take her there. Isn't that crazy?

My mom keeps suggesting that I become a full time mom but there's no way to do that financially these days. Plus, I need some adult conversation! =D I'm sure I'll cry the day I drop Akemi off at daycare. We shall see! For now, I'm cherishing every moment with her. Already her face is changing. She's finally getting chubbier!

No comments: