It's been six days since Akemi was born. Four days since we brought her home. It's definitely been a rough first few days as I was not prepared for the sleep deprivation that I was going to experience. I tried to tell myself it was just like in college when I would be working last minute on a project. But then again, my projects never cried and didn't require diapers to be changed.
Speaking of diapers, I had one of my first memorable moments with Akemi today. I was downstairs getting her ready for a feeding as Karen ate some breakfast. I went upstairs to our bedroom to change Akemi and went back downstairs. I swear I had barely sat down for 15 seconds when I heard a "ppphhhhhhhhhhhhh....." accompanied by a lovely vibrating feeling resonating through my hand (which was holding her bottom). She had just pooped! I "ran" back upstairs and changed her again.
They say the first few weeks of poop do not smell. But then I've also read that what Karen eats affects what goes into the poop since she is breastfeeding. So a few days ago, Karen was craving boiled eggs. I don't if that really made it into Akemi's milk--but I swear it sure smelled like it.
It was a quite a moment. But it was such a moment like this that made Karen and I smile. It also gave a nice chuckle, which we really needed.
I also wanted to take this chance to thank those of you who have visited us at home and brought us food. Those "free" meals have been a blessing!!
Monday, February 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment