Where does the time go? My day officially starts at 1pm. From midnight till 1pm, I am feeding Akemi every 2-3 hours and sleeping in between. It starts to get really hard around 3am, where she tends to get a bit fussy.
Here's the mental checklist that we go through when she's fussy:
1. Hungry?
2. Gas? Try to burp her, if not we do bicycle legs...to see if she'll fart
3. Overstimulated? We swaddle her and try to sway and shhh her
4. Need to be held? Keep holding her and sometime fall asleep with her
5. If nothing works, I go through the list again. =D Till...before I know it, it's already for her next feeding...that's when I feel like crying cause that means I got no sleep between feedings.
1pm is when she's sound asleep and where I start to wake up. I finally get to eat breakfast/lunch and if I really have time, to squeeze in a shower. What's really hard is that I also have to take care of Dior.. so usually right when she's asleep, Dior and I run outside just so he can go pee, then we run back inside and pray that Akemi wasn't crying the whole time. Poor Dior doesn't get the opportunity to go #2 till later on during the day.
3pm is usually her next feeding and I'm usually done eating breakfast/lunch and then around 4pm, I start to put food in the oven and count the minutes till Jonathan gets home (5pm-ish).
6pm her next feeding...and I eat dinner afterwards and catch up on email or phone calls and get ready for bed by 8pm. Then it's night shift and my whole day starts over again. CRAZY HUH?
I appreciate Stay at home moms. This is definitely harder than working a corporate job. It's like running a marathon for MONTHS but I have to admit, sometimes when I'm about to 'crack' and wonder why did I get pregnant, Akemi smiles or gives me a wink. The book says she's passing gas, but I take what I can...and the SMILE just makes it all worth while. It's amazing what a tiny smile can do to a deprive woman who's been wearing the same clothes for the past week and haven't pee in HOURS!!
Any moms out there with advice on daily schedule for me, or shortcuts to save time let me know. A few things I stopped doing are:
1. My goal to clean up my work email every Friday - FAILED -- haven't checked it in 3 weeks
2. Pump after every feeding-- got to be too much work to clean the parts every time so I stopped and pump only 1-2 a day
3. Putting makeup on and new clothes -- my neighbor probably wonders if I have any other clothes than my black leggings and some random tshirt
The one GREAT news is that my belly is shrinking and I can fit into my pants! Whoo hoo! I'm so tempted to do situps but I have to wait for my 6 week checkup before any crazy exercise. 'sigh'
So now, I'm just toning up my biceps and triceps by carrying Akemi around. =D
Alright...off to get some sleep before next feeding at 1 am...
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hang in there! She eventually will be a little more on 'schedule'. Hannah was like that too. She really had her nights and days backward. You're on leave missy. Don't need to be checking WORK e-mail!!!! Seriously, if they're e-mailing you and if they need something done, well, they just need to find someone else. If you have million e-mails when you do go back to work, so be it!! Don't think about work!!
Post a Comment