This weekend was the first time Jonathan and I had our own family time with Akemi. Since Akemi has been born, we always had someone visiting or spending time with us. It was nice to have time with just the 'three of us'. =D The time spent this weekend really solidified the fact that we're really a family.
Jonathan has been an amazing father and husband. He's been taking the night shift this weekend and has been up with Akemi from midnight till 6am. Amazingly he has been very patient this time around and been spending lots of quality time with her. He also has been in the 'planning mode'. He created a weekly meal plan this week and started cooking up a storm on Saturday.
I have a full pot of my favorite cheddar soup, he left a 3lb meat loaf in the frig that I only need to bake, and tons of healthy frozen food for snacks. He really stocked up the frig to make sure I have food.
But the icing on the cake of Jonathan's contribution, is that not only is he picking up after himself, but he's also taking care of our little dog, Dior. I was soo shocked and happy about this weekend, I felt like crying!
Another big event this weekend is that Akemi is now sleeping in her own room. She was sleeping in the bassinet next to my bed for the last 3 weeks, so that she's only an arm's reach away. She's adjusted amazingly in her own crib and room. I was a little sad that she's sleeping so far away from me, that I couldn't help myself and slept in the same room last night. We have baby monitors in our bedroom so I could technically hear her if she started crying but I was going through my own withdrawals of not having her near me.
Akemi is growing so fast that I'm holding on to each day. She's started to look chubbier around the cheeks and I swear she's growing longer cause her clothes are getting tighter. It could also be that I haven't been reading the labels on the clothes and been shrinking them in the dryer. =P
Nevertheless, I can't believe it's been a MONTH!!!! Time flew by and I'm holding on. Before I know it, I'll be back at work! Yikes!
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment